Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chili Cheese Home Fry-Cho's

Stop drooling on your computer!!!  Y'all this isn't so much a recipe as it is a "re purposing".  You know what that is.  So you know the other day I made Venison Chili .   Anyway, we, like so many other people are on a budget.  So I'm trying to stretch our food out as much as possible.  The killer thing about this recipe is, I got the potatoes and the Velveeta as a BOGO!!  WINNING!!

So basically I chopped these teeny taters and roasted them at 375 degrees tossed in olive oil for about an hour, maybe a bit more.  PS... these little beauties are 90 calories and zero fat for 5 of them, about the mount shown below.  Much better for your waistline than chips.  And since my son snapped that picture of me from behind while making dinner, I feel better about making these instead.  But please remind me to always wear my spanx when there's a camera in the room



Then:

Melt your Velveeta. ( rarely use this stuff but a sale's a sale) into the leftover chili
Spoon your chili con queso on top of the roasted taters.  

Anndddd top the way you would your Nachos.  I have lettuce, onion, jalapenos, scallions, avocados and sour cream.
Now, what to do with all the Chili Con Queso I have left?

No comments:

Post a Comment