Sunday, August 28, 2011

Enchilada Lasagna

When I share recipes, I typically go through a fairly in depth process.  I first have to decide what I want to make, cook it, take pictures, write the recipe down so I don't forget what in the heck I did.  Then of course take more pictures.  Rarely do I just blog what I made for a last minute dinner.  But this creation turned out so tasty, I had to at least tease you with the pictures.  It was truly easy, quick and filling.



Now, let me see if I can remember how I did this....

Ingredients:
scootch of canola oil
1 1/3 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 14.5 oz can enchilada sauce (I like the spicy kind)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/2 green pepper chopped
2 small packets Sazon
1 14.5 oz can refried beans
1 small onion diced
12-14 Corn tortillas
Sour Cream
Cheese



Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat oil over medium heat, add green pepper and saute for 4-5 minutes until soft.  Add ground beef and brown.  Drain off any remaining fat after browned.  Add Enchilada Sauce and tomato sauce (or rotel with chilis, depending on your desired heat level). Add chopped garlic cloves and both packets of Sazon.  Continue to cook on medium low for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat refried beans over low heat.  Once beans are heated through remove those and the meat from the heat and begin layering:
Spoon a bit of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 9X9 casserole dish.  Add 4 Corn tortillas, tearing to fit. (I used about 3 1/2 for each layer).  Spoon more of of the meat mixture over the first layer of tortillas, followed by a layer of refried beans, a handful of chopped onions, sour cream and cheddar cheese.  Repeat four times.  The top layer should just be meat mixture and cheese.  
Bake lasagna for 25 minutes until cheese is melted.  Remove from oven and let sit for another 15 minutes.
Serve with favorite toppings, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno peppers.... 


ENJOY!!  Remember, to make these recipes your own and if you ever have any questions or suggestions, just leave a comment.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

1 comment: