Monday, September 13, 2010

Grilled Caesar Salad

This falls under the IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED THIS YET...DO IT TONIGHT!!!. ..category. Oh, oops..I haven't created one of those categories yet.  Great, super easy side dish.  I've never seen my husband attack lettuce before.

You would not believe the nutty flavor you get when grilling romaine. 

Instructions:

Cut a head of romaine lengthwise leaving the stems intact.  Drizzle both sides with EVOO.  Place romaine cut side down on grill pan over medium heat.  It only takes a couple minutes to get desired grill marks and wilt the lettuce slightly but leave a bit of crunch.  Flip the lettuce and repeat on the second side. 

Top with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, croutons and your favorite Caesar salad dressing. 

Quick Croutons:
Cut one to two day old bakery bread into bite sized cubes. Spread evenly on cookie sheet.  Coat with olive oil spray, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt.  Toss to coat.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until brown and toasty

3 comments:

  1. mmmm looks fantastic!! soo gonna try this one soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I saw your link on Aggie's blog page on FB and had to pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you telling me about this and I dreamt about it for days...it is delicious and can't wait to make it again. I have a couple of hearts of romaine in the fridge with this written all over it.

    ReplyDelete